NCERT i.e the National Council of Educational Research and Training is an autonomous organization established in 1961 under the Government of India. NCERT is an educational body, involved in assisting and advising the state and central Governments on academic matters.
NCERT publishes class 1 to 12 textbooks for most of the subjects which are prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. CBSE and are also adopted by several other education boards. At present, NCERT has been given the task of publishing central textbooks and the role of CBSE is limited to conduct the board exams.
There are 4 main objectives of NCERT which are:
- Promoting and conducting educational research, and experimenting new and innovative ideas and practices.
- Developing NFC 2005 i.e. National Curriculum Framework (NCF 2005) along with syllabi, textbooks, training models and strategies, teaching-learning materials and kits, etc.
- To train in-service and pre-service teachers along with national and state level functionaries.
- Collaborating with national, state and international organizations.
NCERT Books & its Importance
Students studying in CBSE board are prescribed to study from NCERT textbooks. Competitive exams for engineering and medical entrances – JEE & NEET requires extensive preparation and NCERT books is the bible for students studying in CBSE. Apart from being prescribed by the CBSE board, there are a plethora of reasons to highlight the importance of NCERT books.
- The information is authentic they are written by experts and the content in the NCERT books are extensively researched.
- If the foundation is strong, the building is more solid! NCERT books have clear concepts and cover the basics and fundamentals on all the topics.
- The language is straightforward and thus facilitates easy understanding.
- NCERT books are all in one. Students preparing for different competitive exams can also prepare from NCERT textbooks and then use other standard books as reference.
Download NCERT books for class 4 to 12 below:
|NCERT Books for Class 4||NCERT Books for Class 5|
|NCERT Books for Class 6||NCERT Books for Class 7|
|NCERT Books for Class 8||NCERT Books for Class 9|
|NCERT Books for Class 10||NCERT Books for Class 11|
|NCERT Books for Class 12|
NCERT publishes the exemplar books to help the students develop higher order thinking skills and be able to solve advanced level questions easily from the respective chapters. The NCERT exemplars are available for maths and science for class 8 to 12. Click the links given below to download NCERT exemplar questions and solutions.
|NCERT Exemplar Class 8||NCERT Exemplar Class 9|
|NCERT Exemplar Class 10||NCERT Exemplar Class 11|
|NCERT Exemplar Class 12|