Intermediate first year botany Biological classification
Find below the important notes for the chapter, Biological Classification as per NEET Biology syllabus. This is helpful for aspirants of NEET and other exams during last-minute revision. Important notes for NEET Biology- Biological Classification covers all the important topics and concepts useful for the exam. Check Aims tutorial for the full set of important notes and study material for NEET Biology and solve the NEET Biology MCQs to check your understanding of the subject.
- How are 'Viroids' different from 'Viruses'?
1. Viroids are infectious agents to plants
2. Protein coat is absent.
3. Viroids contain nucleic acid only.
4. Their nucleic acid consists of only RNA.
1. Viruses are infectious agents to all organisms
2. Protein coat is present.
3. Viruses contain nucleic acid & protein coat.
4. The nucleic acid may be RNA or DNA
- What do the terms phycobiont and mycobiont signify?
A: 1. The algal component of lichen is called phycobiont.
2. The fungal component of lichen is called mycobiont.
- State two economically important uses of heterotrophic bacteria.
A: Heterotrophic bacteria are useful in
(i)making curd from milk. (ii) the production of alcohol, antibiotics, enzymes
- Give the main criteria used for classification by Whittaker.
A: Main criteria used for classification by Whittaker: Cell structure, thallus organisation, mode of nutrition, reproduction and phylogenetic relations.